Women's Health Care Nurse Practitioner
NCC Certification - Women's Health Care Nurse Practitioner (WHNP-BC)
Paper & Pencil testing
See Overview for more information
Only online registrations on this website are accepted. Applications submitted by mail, fax or email will not be accepted and will be returned to the individual.
Download Candidate Guide for what is tested, procedures, rules and policies
- Download Registration Catalog for detailed overview of the testing process
This registration portal is only for those taking the test via computer or individual paper and pencil testing. If you are taking the test as part of a group or at a PEC course, select Special Testing Opportunities from the menu on the right or contact your PEC sponsor, ICP sponsor or NCC at
for further instructions.
Current U.S. nursing licensure is required. (Canadian licensure accepted if the APRN graduated from an NCC approved US program.)
Successful completion of an accredited graduate nurse practitioner program that meets NCC program requirements and prepares women's health care nurse practitioners. The program can be a master's DNP or post-master's. NCC no longer accepts certificate prepared applicants.
- You must take the exam within 8 years of graduation from your program.
- PDF file of your diploma for upload to the NCC website.
- PDF file of your official transcript which documents successful completion of all course work and indicates WHNP program. This must be issued from the school registrar and uploaded with your application. Do NOT have the registrar send separately.
- Post-Master's applicants also need to upload a PDF of their certificate of completion.
- Complete details are in the NP Examination Registration Catalog.
Cost for Computer testing
- $325 which is composed of a $50 non-refundable application fee and a $275 testing fee.
- Incomplete applications are subject to a $30 reprocessing fee.
Individual Paper & Pencil Testing - IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE
Changes to Testing Modes will be Coming
Details for Computer Testing
- There are no application deadlines and a candidate may submit an application at any time.
- It will take approximately 4 weeks to process, review and approve an application.
- Eligibility letters are sent out twice a month - on the 15th and last day of each month.
- If determined eligible, you will have a 90-day window to schedule and take your exam. Testing windows start at 5th and 20th of the month.
- You will schedule your own exam appointment with AMP either by phone or via the internet.
- Exams will be delivered via computer at over 100 AMP Assessment Centers geographically located throughout the United States.
- Exams will be administered by appointment only Monday through Saturday at 9:00 am and 1:30 pm.
- Candidates are scheduled in a first-come, first-served basis.
- AMP Assessment Centers are typically located in select H & R Block offices. Click here to review the current list.
- Prior to attempting the examination, you will be given the opportunity to practice taking a test on computer.
- A candidate who fails to report for an examination will not receive a refund, but may change their mode of testing. Click here for detailed information and fees on Change Requests for individuals who cannot/did not take their exam as scheduled.
- After completing the examination, the candidate will receive a preliminary score report.
- Official results will be mailed from NCC within 21 days of exam administration (date of certification is based on the date on the official results NOT the exam date).
- You are not certified until you receive your results in the mail.