Electronic Fetal Monitoring
Certificate of Added Qualification in Electronic Fetal Monitoring (C-EFM)
This is for those seeking certification for the first time. It is not to be used for maintenance of an existing EFM credential.
Paper & Pencil testing
See Overview for more information
Only online registrations on this website are accepted. Applications submitted by mail, fax or email will not be accepted and will be returned to the individual.
Download Candidate Guide for what is tested, procedures, rules and policies
- Download Registration Catalog for detailed overview of the testing process
This registration portal is only for those taking the test via computer or individual paper and pencil testing. If you are taking the test as part of a group or at a PEC course, select Special Testing Opportunities from the menu on the right or contact your PEC sponsor, ICP sponsor or NCC at
for further instructions.
Current licensure in the U.S. or Canada as a registered nurse, nurse practitioner, nurse midwife, physican or physician assistant.
Cost for Computer testing
- $210 fee is composed of a $50 non-refundable application fee and a $160 testing fee.
- Incomplete applications are subject to a $30 reprocessing fee.
- There are no refunds if discount fees are not applied if the individual fails to sign into the website first.
Individual Paper & Pencil Testing - IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE
Changes to Testing Modes will be Coming and Posted Late Fall 2014
Details for Computer Testing
- There are no application deadlines and a candidate may submit an application at any time.
- It will take approximately 4 weeks to process, review and approve an application.
- Eligibility letters are sent out twice a month - on the 15th and last day of each month.
- If determined eligible, you will have a 90-day window to schedule and take your exam. Testing windows start at 5th and 20th of the month.
- You will schedule your own exam appointment with AMP either by phone or via the internet.
- Exams will be delivered via computer at over 100 AMP Assessment Centers geographically located throughout the United States.
- Exams will be administered by appointment only Monday through Saturday at 9:00 am and 1:30 pm.
- Candidates are scheduled in a first-come, first-served basis.
- AMP Assessment Centers are typically located in select H & R Block offices. Click here to review the current list.
- Prior to attempting the examination, you will be given the opportunity to practice taking a test on computer.
- A candidate who fails to report for an examination will not receive a refund, but may change their mode of testing. Click here for detailed information and fees on Change Requests for individuals who cannot/did not take their exam as scheduled.
- After completing the examination, the candidate will receive a preliminary score report.
- Official results will be mailed from NCC within 21 days of exam administration (date of certification is based on the date on the official results NOT the exam date).
- You are not certified until you receive your results in the mail.