Electronic Fetal Monitoring
Certification in Electronic Fetal Monitoring (C-EFM)
This is for those seeking certification for the first time. It is not to be used for maintenance of an existing EFM credential.
Upon achieving NCC EFM Certification diplomates will be awarded one year of Part IV credit to their personal ABOG dashboard. Part IV credit can be earned in the year of initial certification for 2016-2018.
The ABOG MOC standards now allow participation in ABOG-approved EFM certification to meet the annual Improvement in Medical Practice (Part IV) MOC requirement. This course has been approved to meet ABOG Improvement in Medical Practice requirements for 2016 -2018.
Please review the 2017 MOC Bulletin at https://www.abog.org/Bulletins/current/MOC.BULLETIN.pdf for further information. NCC will provide ABOG with a list of physiicans who are EFM certified each year. If you do not want us to provide your name to ABOG please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Paper & Pencil testing
See Overview for more information
Only online registrations on this website are accepted. Applications submitted by mail, fax or email will not be accepted and will be returned to the individual.
This registration portal is only for those taking the test via computer or individual paper and pencil testing. If you are taking the test as part of a group or at a PEC course, select Special Testing Opportunities from the menu on the right or contact your PEC sponsor, ICP sponsor or NCC at
for further instructions.
- Registration Catalog - Eligibility, Overview, Fees and Policies
- Guide to Testing Methods - Rules, Procedures and What to Expect
Candidate Guides - Exam Content, Competency Statements, Study Resources and Scoring
Current licensure in the U.S. or Canada as a physician, registered nurse, nurse practitioner, nurse midwife, physician assistant or paramedic.
Cost for Computer testing
- $210 fee is composed of a $50 non-refundable application fee and a $160 testing fee.
- Incomplete applications are subject to a $30 reprocessing fee.
- There are no refunds if discount fees are not applied if the individual fails to sign into the website first.
Individual Paper & Pencil Testing - IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE
Changes to Testing Modes will be Coming.
Details for Computer Testing
- There are no application deadlines and a candidate may submit an application at any time.
- It will take approximately 4 weeks to process, review and approve an application.
- Testing windows start on the 5th and 20th of the month.
- Eligibility letters are emailed out twice a month - the day before the testing window starts.
- If determined eligible, you will be placed in the next available 90-day window to schedule and take your exam.
- You will schedule your own exam appointment with AMP either by phone or via the internet.
- Exams will be delivered via computer at over 100 AMP Assessment Centers geographically located throughout the United States.
- Exams will be administered by appointment only Monday through Saturday at 9:00 am and 1:30 pm.
- Candidates are scheduled in a first-come, first-served basis.
- AMP Assessment Centers are typically located in select H & R Block offices. Click here to review the current list.
- Prior to attempting the examination, you will be given the opportunity to practice taking a test on computer.
- A candidate who fails to report for an examination will not receive a refund, but may change their mode of testing. Click here for detailed information and fees on Change Requests for individuals who cannot/did not take their exam as scheduled.
- After completing the examination, the candidate will receive a preliminary score report.
- Official results will be mailed from NCC within 21 days of exam administration (date of certification is based on the date on the official results NOT the exam date).
- You are not certified until you receive your results in the mail.