Neonatal Pediatric Transport
Certificate of Added Qualification in Neonatal Pediatric Transport (C-NPT)
Paper & Pencil testing
See Overview for more information
Only online registrations on this website are accepted. Applications submitted by mail, fax or email will not be accepted and will be returned to the individual.
This registration portal is only for those taking the test via computer or individual paper and pencil testing. If you are taking the test as part of a group or at a PEC course, select Special Testing Opportunities from the menu on the right or contact your PEC sponsor, ICP sponsor or NCC at
for further instructions.
- Registration Catalog - Eligibility, Overview, Fees and Policies
- Guide to Testing Methods - Rules, Procedures and What to Expect
Candidate Guides - Exam Content, Competency Statements, Study Resources and Scoring
Current licensure in the U.S. or Canada as a registered nurse, nurse practitioner, respiratory therapist, paramedic, physician or physician assistant.
No practice experience is required, but it is recommended that you have at least two years of experience for the best possibility of successfully completing the credentialing process.
Complete details are in the NPT Examination Registration Catalog.
Cost for Computer testing
- $210 fee is composed of a $50 non-refundable application fee and a $160 testing fee.
- Incomplete applications are subject to a $30 reprocessing fee.
Individual Paper & Pencil Testing - is NO LONGER AVAILABLE
Changes to Testing Modes will be Coming
Details for Computer Testing
- There are no application deadlines and a candidate may submit an application at any time.
- It will take approximately 4 weeks to process, review and approve an application.
- Testing windows start on the 5th and 20th of the month.
- Eligibility letters are sent out twice a month - the day before the testing window starts.
- If determined eligible, you will be placed in the next available 90-day window to schedule and take your exam.
- You will schedule your own exam appointment with AMP either by phone or via the internet.
- Exams will be delivered via computer at over 100 AMP Assessment Centers geographically located throughout the United States.
- Exams will be administered by appointment only Monday through Saturday at 9:00 am and 1:30 pm.
- Candidates are scheduled in a first-come, first-served basis.
- AMP Assessment Centers are typically located in select H & R Block offices. Click here to review the current list.
- Prior to attempting the examination, you will be given the opportunity to practice taking a test on computer.
- A candidate who fails to report for an examination will not receive a refund, but may change their mode of testing. Click here for detailed information and fees on Change Requests for individuals who cannot/did not take their exam as scheduled.
- After completing the examination, the candidate will receive a preliminary score report.
- Official results will be mailed from NCC within 21 days of exam administration (date of certification is based on the date on the official results NOT the exam date).
- You are not certified until you receive your results in the mail.
Neonatal Pediatric Transport Task Force members:
Karen Kinlaw, RNC, Shands Jacksonville Medical Center, Florida
Rose Linsler, RN, BSN, CCRN, Intermountain Healthcare Life Flight, Utah
Sherry McCool, RRT, NPS, CFC, Children’s Mercy Critical Care Transport, Missouri
Susan Orlando, DNS, ARPN-NNP-C, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center School of Nursing, Louisiana
Jan Romito, RNC, MSN, NNP, Pediatric Medical Group, Texas
Judith Sherif, RN, CPN, BSN, MN, Children’s Hospital, California
Patrick Small, NREMT-P, CCEMT-P, Children's Hspital of St. Louis, St. Louis, MO
Howard Stein, MD, Toledo Children’s Hospital, Ohio