Care of the Very Low Birth Weight Infant
Add to cart
The 1st edition of the Golden Hours is on sale for $37.50 which is 37% off the list price!
The 2nd edition of the Golden Hours is scheduled to be available December 2017.
Golden Hours: Care of the Very Low Birth Weight Infant
Only orders shipping to the United States or Canada will be processed.
All orders have to be prepaid via credit card, Purchase Orders are not accepted. If you are interested in a bulk purchase, please use the Contact Us function to request information.
The "Golden Hours" of care refers to the unique care of very low birth weight (VLBW) babies in the first few hours of life. VLBW babies comprise the majority of high-risk deliveries. Even when these infants are vigorous and crying, pink and well-perfused, they are at risk. Decisions made in the first hours of life can result in a smooth transition to extrauterine life or can hasten and worsen maladaptation.
- Representing expertise from specialists from around the country, Golden Hours: Care of the Very Low Birth Weight Infant is a comprehensive guide that can help you change the outcome for an at-risk infant.
- Find information quickly – each chapter is organized in an easy-to-follow, outline format for rapid review.
- Explore airway management, cardiac support, thermoregulation, respiratory diseases, pulmonary emergencies, hypoglycemia, sepsis, congenital anomalies, communications, ethical dilemmas, and many other topics of great interest to the neonatal care team.
- An indispensible resource – The book includes full-color illustrations, as well as quick reference charts, tables, and algorithms that accelerate reference and learning.
- Provide best-case outcomes for very low birth weight infants with Golden Hours: Care of the Very Low Birth Weight Infant, a practical, clinical guide for the NICU.
NCC has developed a CE series from this well received publication. Each individual book chapter module offers 2 hours of CE. You do not need to purchase the printed book to have access to this unique CE opportunity. Click here for details!