All rules and policies concerning taking a NCC examination are summarized in the Candidate Guides. Listed below are download links to each guide.
It is important that you familiarize yourself with these rules and policies as they will apply to all applicants/candidates. Select the guide for your certification exam specialty.
You cannot track the status of your certification application on the website. If it is more than 2 weeks from the time you have submitted your application and you have not received your eligibility letter by email, contact us with specific details on when and how you submitted your application at email@example.com. NCC will not provide eligibility status via phone. You should receive your eligibility within 2 weeks via email once you submitted your application.
It can take up to two weeks to process an application. Once you have been determined eligible, you will be notified of your eligibility status by email and assigned a 90-day window in which to take the examination. A copy of your Eligibility letter will also be available in your account.
Along with your eligibility letter, you will be reminded to download (print) a Candidate Guide, which provides an overview of all test policies & procedures, test outlines, competency statements and sample questions to familiarize you with the test format. Candidate Guides can be downloaded from the NCC website at any time.
Your eligibility letter will outline how to set up a test appointment with our testing vendor AMP. NCC does not make appointments nor can this be done on the NCC website. You need to go to goamp.com to set up a test appointment or call the number on your eligibility letter. You will need the NCC ID number on your eligibility letter to set up any testing appointment.
If you lost your eligibility letter or it has been over 2 weeks since you submitted your application and you have not received an eligibility letter; please contact us, or leave a message with the call center at 312-951-0207. Remember to provide your full name, address, email address, phone number, exam registered for and approximate date submitted. You should receive a reply no later than 48 hours (business days).
Any application that is incomplete (those applications submitted with missing information, containing incomplete or incorrect information or do not include full fee payment) is subject to a non-refundable $30 reprocessing fee upon the submission of proper documentation. If the requested documentation is a license verification and is not provided within the time frame given, you will be charged $50.00 for NCC to verify the license. This charge will be added to your account as arrears placing a hold on your account until it is paid. If NCC is unable to verify the license, you will be found ineligible. These fees are nonrefundable.
Additional information requests must be submitted online along with the reprocessing fee of $30.
If you need a receipt for any purchase made through the NCC website view order history in your account. All of your purchases are kept together in an easy to access format for you to view or print at any time. Simply click on a line item to view details and print a receipt.
« Back to certification
Computer exam candidates can change their scheduled testing date to another date, within their eligibility window, once for free. Candidates must handle this directly with PSI/AMP and meet their requirements for the change. Computer exam candidates who have already exercised this free option or wish to take their exam outside their current window and all candidates who cannot take their currently scheduled examination, have missed their testing date or need to take a different exam - can request a change.
Candidates who cannot take their currently scheduled examination, have missed their testing date or need to take a different exam - can request a change. Candidates may request to change their examination category, reschedule their testing date or even change their method of testing, provided that they meet the requirements listed below. Candidates are only allowed one change option (ex. if you reschedule your examination date, you will not be able to change your examination category). All change requests must be approved by NCC and you may be required to provide additional information. There will be no refund of original fees or Change Request fees. Candidates who fail to take the examination under this change option must re-apply with full fees.All candidates requesting a change MUST:
Reschedule a computer testing date with PSI/AMP:
• A testing date can be rescheduled ONCE at no charge directly with PSI/AMP, if done at least 4 business days prior to the scheduled test date (Refer to the NCC Testing Guide for details).
• A rescheduled date, within your assigned 90-day testing window, must be selected when canceling the original test date and this is done directly with PSI/AMP
• Subsequent reschedules require filing an Exam Change Request Form and a non-refundable payment of $125.00. If you have an exam date scheduled, you MUST cancel with PSI/AMP FIRST before submitting a change request.
To reschedule or change method of testing:
• Candidates changing from a computer test must have canceled or never made their appointment to take the exam at a PSI/AMP center
• Candidates changing from an ICP test must have their assigned test site code
• Candidates changing from a PEC test must have their assigned PEC class code
• Candidates changing to a PEC test must have already enrolled in the PEC course and have their assigned PEC class code
To change examination category:
• Eligibility must be re-established for the new exam category, and additional documentation and fees may be required.
• The time to consider eligibility for the new category will count toward the original assigned 90-day computer testing window.
• Examinees must take the exam for which they have been determined eligible. No changes will be permitted on examination day. If a candidate knowingly or unknowingly takes an examination other than the one she/he was found eligible to take, the examination will not be scored. No refunds will be allowed, and all fee policies will apply if the candidate reapplies for an examination.
• Computer Candidates must submit their request at least 30 days prior to the end of their testing window
• ICP Candidates must have their assigned test site code and submit their request at least 45 days prior to their test date
• PEC Candidates CANNOT change their examination category
Refunds for Withdrawing Candidates
Candidate substitutions cannot be made for ineligible, withdrawn or extension/deferral candidates.
If you have other questions regarding your submitted application, please use contact us. Remember to provide your full name, address, email address, phone number, exam registered for and approximate date submitted. You should receive a reply no later than 48 hours (business days).