Apply for Exam with Review Course Voucher
Only online registration on this website is accepted. Applications submitted by mail, fax, or email will not be accepted and will be returned to the individual. Vouchers cannot be transferred or used by anyone other than the registrant who completed the review course and received the voucher code directly from the review provider*.
You will need a voucher (test) code from the review course provider in order to apply. Voucher codes have expiration dates that are provided to you after completion of the review course. The voucher must be used for exam registration prior to the expiration of the voucher. After the expiration date, the voucher will no longer be valid for any registrant who did not use it. There are no exceptions for any reason.
The voucher code can only be used by candidates who complete a review course during the time the voucher code is in effect. The review course completion date must be on the certificate of completion granted by the provider. Although candidates may take several review courses in a year for different NCC certifications, only one voucher code per year may be used that offers a second chance free promotion. There are no exceptions for any reason.
The application will require an upload of a copy of a current license or license verification from the licensing board that includes
- Your name
- Licensing state
- Type of license
- License number
- Expiration date of the license
- Website if it is from a verification portal
The certificate with the completion date granted by the review provider that issued the voucher code must be uploaded to the additional submission portal immediately after
you have submitted your application. The course documented by the certificate of completion must be for the exam for which you are applying. If the application is received without the certificate of course completion the application will be considered incomplete and is subject to a non-refundable $30 reprocessing fee upon the submission of proper documentation. If the requested documentation and the reprocessing fee are not provided within 14 days the application will be marked ineligible.
Directions for the upload are in step 2 below. STEP 1:
Submit your application using the voucher code. The registration link is at the bottom of this page.STEP 2:
Submit your CE Certificate using the Additional Submissions
link in your account.
To upload your certificate of completion from your review provider, follow these steps carefully:
- If you are not in your account, sign in to your NCC account
- Click the Additional Submissions link on the right
- Select the Other issue not listed option (do not pick exam application)
- Type R68437 in the Auth code box provided
- Click Continue
- Select Document without Fee option under the I am required to submit the following heading
- Type Review Program Certificate as the reason for the additional submission in the box provided
- Click Continue
- Click the Upload File button and navigate to and double-click the file you need to upload
- Click the Submit button
Cost and Eligibility
- Core Exams (INPT, LRN, MN, and NIC) - $325
- Subspecialty (EFM, ELBW, NNIC, NPT, ONQS) - $210
- Incomplete applications or failure to submit your CE certificate are subject to a $30 reprocessing fee
See " Exam Fees and Eligibility
" for complete details.
Registrations, exam applications, testing, and maintenance of certification will follow the same requirements, policies, and procedures of all applications and registrations as established by NCC for all other registrants.
- No refunds will be issued for any reason
Change your Testing Date
A candidate who cannot take their currently scheduled examination or have missed their testing date can request a change. Candidates may request to reschedule their testing date provided that they meet all requirements.
See "Change your Testing Date" for complete details.
A candidate who does not receive a passing score is not eligible for any refund.
SECOND CHANCE FREE: Review Providers may contract with NCC for "Second Chance Free" vouchers. If your review provider is offering the second chance free option, you will receive an email if you are not successful in taking the exam the first time. This email will provide you with information on the second chance free voucher. NCC will provide a second attempt free for any registrant who uses the Review Program voucher code and who fails the exam on a first attempt. For the second attempt, the candidate must wait 90 days from the date the results from the first exam were received and must then use the 2nd attempt free voucher code to apply again. Voucher codes must be used by registering on the Review Program Portal and the registrant must demonstrate that they still meet eligibility. Second chance free vouchers do not require payment. If you are asked for payment, do not continue with the application and contact NCC direction using CONTACT US. If the registrant pays for the second exam without using the voucher code, they will forfeit the 2nd chance free promotion and will not be able to withdraw.
A registrant shall have 6 months from the time of failing the first exam to register to retake the exam again with the 2nd attempt Voucher code. Any person eligible to retake an exam for free but fails to register within the 6-month term shall no longer be eligible for a free retake using that voucher. The 90-day waiting term must still be met within this 6-month window.
Ineligible applications are subject to a non-refundable $50 application fee.
Other Important Information, Policies and Procedures
- It can take up to14 days to process, review, and approve an application
- To apply, you must have a voucher code from an approved review program. Contact the program that provided you the review course for the information. NCC cannot provide you with a voucher code directly.
- Please be sure you are prepared to take the exam within 90 days of the application before you submit
- Eligibility letters are emailed and can also be found in your account.
- If you do not receive your eligibility letter or have an eligibility letter in your account within 2 weeks of your exam application submission confirmation, please CONTACT US and choose the "My application that I already submitted" option.
- If determined eligible, you will be placed in the next available 90-day window to schedule and take your exam.
- You will schedule your own exam appointment with AMP/PSI either by phone or via the scheduling link in your account. See your eligibility letter for contact information.
- Exams will be delivered by appointment only Monday through Saturday at 9:00 am and 1:30 pm, via computer at over 100 AMP Assessment Centers geographically located throughout the United States. Sites are subject to change. Call the PSI scheduling line at 1-833-256-1426 for more information.
- Many exams are offered using live remote proctoring. More information can be found at Testing with Live Remote Proctoring.
- Candidates are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis. However, there is a requirement that a minimum of 4 business days occurs between the time of scheduling and the test date for all computer exams.
- Exams must be scheduled within the first 30 days of the eligibility window. It is recommended that you schedule your testing appointment as soon as possible, as testing sites' seats cannot be guaranteed if you wait. If you wait beyond the 30-day requirement, all testing appointments may be taken. If this occurs, you may have to travel to another site or pay $125.00 to change your eligibility window.
- Prior to attempting the examination, you will be given the opportunity to practice taking a test on your computer.
- A candidate who fails to report for an examination will not receive a refund but may change their mode of testing. Learn more about eligibility and fees to change your testing date, method of testing, or exam category.
- It is recommended that you read the Registration Catalog, candidate guide, Testing guide, and website materials for the exam you are taking so you can become familiar with all NCC policies and procedures. You will be subject to them so it is to your advantage to understand the certification process and rules.
How will the results be disseminated?
Register for certification with a Review Course Voucher
*NCC has no input into any certification preparation endeavor and does not endorse any review providers or participate in the development of certification review programs or courses.