Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update 9/01/2020
The current update only pertains to computer testing candidates. Most Computer Testing Centers have reopened
NCC is monitoring the ongoing information related to Coronavirus (COVID-19) and Computer test centers have reopened where governmental entities within a state, city or county allow. PSI, our testing vendor, has open 98% of the PSI Computer Testing Centers at this time. Candidates in most areas will have a choice of taking the exam using a Computer Testing Center or Live Remote Proctoring. The following is a list of test centers that are OPEN: COMPUTER TESTING CENTERS. If you have questions about a test center being open call PSI scheduling at 1-833-256-1426. Make sure to check your test center to ensure there have not been any closures before driving to the test center. PSI will send you an email and attempt to call you if your test center closes without 24 hours of the exam. Please check both email and phone messages before leaving your home. PSI has also made some changes at the test centers implementing precautionary protocols for proctors and candidates. Due to social distancing, the test centers are operating at 50% capacity. It is critical to schedule early, in the first 30 days within your 90-day eligibility window to get a test center appointment. Information about scheduling and reschedule are as follows:
Test Center Safety
- The health questionnaire will continue to be provided to the candidates prior to the examination (https://www.psionline.com/wp-content/uploads/PSI-COVID-19-Candidate-Questionnaire.pdf). An update to the questionnaire is the mandate that ALL candidates must wear face masks at all times while in the test center.
- Candidates MUST complete the questionnaire and bring it with them on their testing day. If a candidate fails to bring the required questionnaire, one will be provided on-site.
- If a candidate answers, “yes” to any of the first four questions, they will need to reschedule their exam. Candidates should not travel to the test center where they will be denied admission. We recommend that candidates use the self-service option (https://www.psionline.com/test-takers/) or contact PSI via email (email@example.com) or phone to reschedule their exam. Rescheduling an exam follows the NCC policies and may require a change request with an additional fee.
- If a candidate fails to bring and wear a face mask during the examination, they will be requested to leave the test site.
- Candidates will be requested to remove the face mask briefly during check-in to verify identity as well as capture the photograph of the candidate.
- Candidates may wear gloves during the examination. Gloves will need to be examined by the test site administrator during check-in and check-out.
- Candidates are required to discard face masks and gloves outside of the PSI test site in a safe and sanitary manner.
CHECK-IN Process and Health Questions
- Test site administrators are being provided face masks, hand sanitizers, and antibacterial wipes.
- Test seat availability has been reduced to adhere to CDC/WHO guidelines which require six feet between people. Six feet will be provided between candidate workstations.
- We are focused on safe distancing in the lobby area for the candidates as well as our employees. As a result, candidates may be requested to wait outside of the building or in the hallway during the candidate check-in process.
- In addition, all testing equipment will be thoroughly wiped down following each test administration.
- The following questions will be asked: 1. Have you traveled or been in close contact with someone who has traveled to a restricted country in the last 14 days? 2. Have you been in contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last 14 days? 3. Have you had cold or flu-like symptoms in the last 14 days, including a fever?
Candidates are encouraged to reschedule on-line through PSI, please see your eligibility letter. If a candidate chooses to reschedule through PSI’s Candidate Call Center, they can expect to have longer than usual wait times. Call Centers are open: 5:30 a.m.-8:00 p.m. PDT M-F, 7:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m. PDT Sat-Sun. Candidates may contact the PSI Candidate Support Services at (833) 256-1426 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information regarding the safety and sanitation procedures at our test site can be found in our FAQs (https://www.psionline.com/wp-content/uploads/psi-services-covid-19-faqs.pdf).
Live Remote Proctoring (LRP)
Nine of NCC's exams will be offered through Live Remote Proctoring (LRP) for a limited time during the Pandemic. The two newest subspecialty exams "Obstetric and Neonatal Quality and Safety" and "Neonatal Neuro-Intensive Care" are unable to be offered using LRP at this time. LRP is a new modality for testing offered by PSI. Read more about LRP at "Testing with Live Remote Proctoring". Scheduling for LRP can be accessed through your NCC account scheduling link. Please review your eligibility letter for more details.