Maternal Newborn Nursing
NCC Certification in Maternal Newborn Nursing (RNC-MNN)
The purpose of the Maternal Newborn Nursing Core Certification is to provide a competency-based examination that tests specialty knowledge and the application of that knowledge for, licensed registered nurses in the US and Canada with a minimum of two years specialty experience in providing care to the childbearing family from birth to six weeks within hospital or outpatient settings.
Only online registrations on this website are accepted. Applications submitted by mail, fax or email will not be accepted and will be returned to the individual.
This registration portal is only for those taking the test via computer. If you are taking the test as part of a group or at a PEC course, select Special Testing Opportunities from the menu on the right or contact your PEC sponsor, ICP sponsor or NCC at CONTACT US for further instructions.
- Registration Catalog - Eligibility, Overview, Fees and Policies
- Guide to Testing Methods - Rules, Procedures and What to Expect
Candidate Guides - Exam Content, Competency Statements, Study Resources and Scoring
Current licensure as an RN in the U.S. or Canada.
24 months specialty experience as a U.S. or Canadian RN comprised of a minimum of 2000 hours (this must have occurred sometime in your career). Specialty experience can be comprised of direct patient care, education, administration or research.
- Employment in the specialty sometime in the last 24 months.
Both practice time and hours must be met. This is not an either/or criterion.
Complete details are in the CORE RNC Examination Registration Catalog.
Cost for Computer testing
- $325 which is composed of a $50 non-refundable application submission cost and a $275 testing fee.
- Incomplete applications are subject to a $30 reprocessing fee.
- After the exam is purchased, there is a 6 hour window to cancel the order. The order can be canceled by going into your account and clicking on the "Cancel Application" under the new certification.
- After 6 hours, an Exam withdrawal Request and fee are required to withdraw.
Details for Computer Testing
- There are no application deadlines and a candidate may submit an application at any time.
- It can take 1 to 14 days to process, review and approve an application.
- Please be sure you are prepared to take the exam within 90 days of the application before you submit
- Eligibility letters are emailed and can also be found in your account.
- If determined eligible, you will be placed in the next available 90-day window to schedule and take your exam.
- You will schedule your own exam appointment with AMP either by phone or via the internet.
- Exams will be delivered via computer at over 100 AMP Assessment Centers geographically located throughout the United States.
- Exams will be administered by appointment only Monday through Saturday at 9:00 am and 1:30 pm.
- Candidates are scheduled in a first-come, first-served basis. However, there is a requirement that a minimum of 4 business days occur between the time of scheduling and the test date.
- AMP test centers are located throughout the country. Sites are subject to change. See the AMP website, www.goamp.com, for more information.
- Prior to attempting the examination, you will be given the opportunity to practice taking a test on your computer.
- A candidate who fails to report for an examination will not receive a refund, but may change their mode of testing. Learn more about eligibility and fees to change your testing date, method of testing or exam category.
- After completing the examination, the candidate will receive a preliminary score report.
- Official results will be mailed from NCC within 21 business days of exam administration (date of certification is based on the date on the official results NOT the exam date).
- You are not certified until you receive your results in the mail and your certification appears in your account.
- It is recommended that you read the candidate guide for the exam you are taking so you can become familiar with all NCC policies and procedures. You will be subject to them so it is to your advantage to understand the certification process and rules.
- This exam is a 3-hour test consisting of 175 multiple choice items. Of the 175 items, 150 are scored and 25 are used to gather statistical data on item performance for future exams.