Neonatal Nurse Practitioner
NCC Certification as a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner (NNP-BC)
Only online registrations on this website are accepted. Applications submitted by mail, fax or email will not be accepted and will be returned to the individual.
This registration portal is only for those taking the test via computer. If you are taking the test as part of a group or at a PEC course, select Special Testing Opportunities from the menu on the right or contact your PEC sponsor, ICP sponsor or NCC at firstname.lastname@example.org for further instructions.
- Registration Catalog - Eligibility, Overview, Fees and Policies
- Guide to Testing Methods - Rules, Procedures and What to Expect
Candidate Guides - Exam Content, Competency Statements, Study Resources and Scoring
Current U.S. nursing licensure is required. (Canadian licensure accepted if the APRN graduated from an NCC approved US program.)
Successful completion of an accredited graduate nurse practitioner program that meets NCC program requirements and prepares neonatal nurse practitioners. The program can be a master's DNP or post-master's. NCC no longer accepts certificate prepared applicants.
- You must take the exam within 8 years of graduation from your program.
- PDF file of your diploma for upload to the NCC website.
- PDF file of your official transcript which documents successful completion of all course work and indicates NNP program. This must be issued from the school registrar and uploaded with your application. Do NOT have the registrar send separately.
- Post-Master's applicants also need to upload a PDF of their certificate of completion.
- Complete details are in the NP Examination Registration Catalog.
Cost for Computer testing
- $325 which is composed of a $50 non-refundable application submission cost and a $275 testing fee.
- Incomplete applications are subject to a $30 reprocessing fee.
- After the exam is purchased, there is a 6 hour window to cancel the order. The order can be canceled by going into your account and clicking on the "Cancel Application" under the new certification.
- After 6 hours, an Exam withdrawal Request and fee are required to withdraw.
Details for Computer Testing
- There are no application deadlines and a candidate may submit an application at any time.
- It will take approximately 2 weeks to process, review and approve an application.
- Eligibility letters are emailed out twice a month - the day before the testing window starts.
- If determined eligible, you will be placed in the next available 90-day window to schedule and take your exam.
- You will schedule your own exam appointment with AMP either by phone or via the internet.
- Exams will be delivered via computer at over 100 AMP Assessment Centers geographically located throughout the United States.
- Exams will be administered by appointment only Monday through Saturday at 9:00 am and 1:30 pm.
- Candidates are scheduled in a first-come, first-served basis.
- AMP test centers are located throughout the country. Sites are subject to change. See the AMP website, www.goamp.com, for more information.
- Prior to attempting the examination, you will be given the opportunity to practice taking a test on your computer.
- A candidate who fails to report for an examination will not receive a refund, but may change their mode of testing. Learn more about eligibility and fees to change your testing date, method of testing or exam category.
- After completing the examination, the candidate will receive a preliminary score report.
- Official results will be mailed from NCC within 21 days of exam administration (date of certification is based on the date on the official results NOT the exam date).
- You are not certified until you receive your results in the mail.