Neonatal Pediatric Transport
Certification in Neonatal Pediatric Transport (C-NPT)
The purpose of the Neonatal Pediatric Transport Subspecialty Certification is to provide a competency-based examination that tests specialty knowledge and the application of that knowledge for licensed health care professionals in the US and Canada, who provide stabilization and transport interventions to critically ill neonatal and pediatric patients in all types of settings.
Only online registrations on this website are accepted. Applications submitted by mail, fax or email will not be accepted and will be returned to the individual.
This registration portal is only for those taking the test via computer. If you are taking the test as part of a group or at a PEC course, select Special Testing Opportunities from the menu on the right or contact your PEC sponsor, ICP sponsor or NCC at email@example.com for further instructions.
- Registration Catalog - Eligibility, Overview, Fees and Policies
- Guide to Testing Methods - Rules, Procedures and What to Expect
Candidate Guides - Exam Content, Competency Statements, Study Resources and Scoring
Current licensure in the U.S. or Canada as a registered nurse, nurse practitioner, respiratory therapist, paramedic, physician or physician assistant.
No practice experience is required, but it is recommended that you have at least two years of experience for the best possibility of successfully completing the credentialing process.
Cost for Computer testing
- $210 which is composed of a $50 non-refundable application submission cost and a $160 testing fee.
- Incomplete applications are subject to a $30 reprocessing fee.
- After the exam is purchased, there is a 6 hour window to cancel the order. The order can be canceled by going into your account and clicking on the "Cancel Application" under the new certification.
- After 6 hours, an Exam withdrawal Request and fee are required to withdraw.
Details for Computer Testing
- There are no application deadlines and a candidate may submit an application at any time.
- It can take 1 to 14 days to process, review and approve an application.
- Please be sure you are prepared to take the exam within 90 days of the application before you submit
- Eligibility letters are emailed and can also be found in your account.
- If determined eligible, you will be placed in the next available 90-day window to schedule and take your exam.
- You will schedule your own exam appointment with AMP either by phone or via the internet.
- Exams will be delivered via computer at over 100 AMP Assessment Centers geographically located throughout the United States.
- Exams will be administered by appointment only Monday through Saturday at 9:00 am and 1:30 pm.
- Candidates are scheduled in a first-come, first-served basis.
- AMP test centers are located throughout the country. Sites are subject to change. See the AMP website, www.goamp.com, for more information.
- Prior to attempting the examination, you will be given the opportunity to practice taking a test on your computer.
- A candidate who fails to report for an examination will not receive a refund, but may change their mode of testing. Learn more about eligibility and fees to change your testing date, method of testing or exam category.
- After completing the examination, the candidate will receive a preliminary score report.
- Official results will be mailed from NCC within 21 business days of exam administration (date of certification is based on the date on the official results NOT the exam date).
- You are not certified until you receive your results in the mail and the certification appears in your account.
- It is recommended that you read the candidate guide for the exam you are taking so you can become familiar with all NCC policies and procedures. You will be subject to them so it is to your advantage to understand the certification process and rules.
- This exam is a 2-hour test consisting of 125 multiple choice items. Of the 125 items, 100 are scored and 25 are used to gather statistical data on item performance for future exams.