Neonatal Neuro-Intensive Care
Neonatal Neuro-Intensive Care (C-NNIC)
This exam is NOT offered using Live Remote Proctoring.
The purpose of the Neuro-Neonatal Intensive Care Subspecialty Certification is to provide a competency-based examination that tests specialty knowledge and the application of that knowledge for licensed health care professionals in the US and Canada, who provide neurological care to at-risk or impaired neonates within an intensive care environment to improve overall outcomes.
Only online registrations on this website are accepted. Applications submitted by mail, fax or email will not be accepted and will be returned to the individual.
This registration portal is only for those taking the test via computer. If you are taking the test as part of a review course or with a bulk voucher code, select Special Testing Opportunities from the menu on the right. If you don't know your voucher code you will need to contact the review course or bulk purchase provider. Contact NCC at contact us for further instructions.
Registration Catalog - Eligibility, Overview, Fees and Policies
- Guide to Testing Methods - Rules, Procedures and What to Expect
Candidate Guides - Exam Content, Competency Statements, Study Resources and Scoring
Current/active/unencumbered in the U.S. or Canada as a physician (MD/DO), registered nurse, advanced practice registered nurse, respiratory therapist or neonatal therapist (Occupational Therapists (OT), Physical Therapists (PT), Speech and Language Pathologists (SLP)).
No practice experience is required, but it is recommended that you have at least one year of experience caring for neurologically at-risk or compromised neonates for the best possibility of successfully completing the credentialing process.
Complete details are in the NNIC Examination Registration Catalog.
Cost for Computer testing
- $210 which is composed of a $50 non-refundable application submission cost and a $160 testing fee.
- Incomplete applications are subject to a $30 reprocessing fee.
- After the exam is purchased, there is a 6-hour window to cancel the order. The order can be canceled by going into your account and clicking on the "Cancel Application" under the new certification.
- After 6 hours, an Exam withdrawal Request and fee are required to withdraw.
Details for Computer Testing (Please see special instructions for Phase I and II Testing)
- There are no application deadlines and a candidate may submit an application at any time.
- It can take 1 to 14 days to process, review and approve an application.
- Please be sure you are prepared to take the exam within 90 days of the application before you submit
- Eligibility letters are emailed and can also be found in your account.
- If you do not received your eligibility letter or have an eligibility letter in your account within 2 weeks of your exam application submission confirmation, please "CONTACT US" and choose "My application that I already submitted.
- If determined eligible, you will be placed in the next available 90-day window to schedule and take your exam.
- You can schedule your exam for live remote proctoring or at a test center directly from your account by clicking on the "Schedule or Launch the exam" link. You can also schedule your own exam appointment with AMP/PSI either by phone or via the internet. See your eligibility letter for contact information.
- Online proctored exams are not offered for this certification.
- Test Center Exams will be delivered by appointment only Monday through Saturday at 9:00 am and 1:30 pm, via computer at over 100 AMP Assessment Centers geographically located throughout the United States. Sites are subject to change. Call the PSI scheduling line at 1-833-256-1426 for more information.
- Candidates are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis. However, there is a requirement that a minimum of 4 business days occurs between the time of scheduling and the test date.
- Exams must be scheduled within the first 30-days of the eligibility window. It is recommended that you schedule your testing appointment as soon as possible, as testing sites cannot be guaranteed if you wait. If you wait beyond the 30-day requirement all testing appointments may be taken. If this occurs you may have to travel to another site or pay $125.00 to change your eligibility window.
- Prior to attempting the examination, you will be given the opportunity to practice taking a test on your computer.
- A candidate who fails to report for an examination will not receive a refund but may change their mode of testing. Learn more about eligibility and fees to change your testing date, method of testing or exam category.
- It is recommended that you read the Registration Catalog, candidate guide, Testing guide and website materials for the exam you are taking so you can become familiar with all NCC policies and procedures. You will be subject to them so it is to your advantage to understand the certification process and rules.
How will the results be disseminated?
- This exam is a 2-hour test consisting of 125 multiple-choice items. Of the 125 items, 100 are scored and 25 are used to gather statistical data on item performance for future exams.