Neonatal Neuro-Intensive Care
Neonatal Neuro-Intensive Care (C-NNIC)
The purpose of the Neuro-Neonatal Intensive Care Subspecialty Certification is to provide a competency-based examination that tests specialty knowledge and the application of that knowledge for licensed health care professionals in the US and Canada, who provide neurological care to at-risk or impaired neonates within an intensive care environment to improve overall outcomes.
Only online registrations on this website are accepted. Applications submitted by mail, fax or email will not be accepted and will be returned to the individual.Read the details regarding how the registrations, testing and scoring of the exams work at "NEW CERTIFICATIONS".
This registration portal is only for those taking the test via computer. Phase III Registration for this exam is now open.
Phase I and Phase II Registration closed on 12/31/2019 at 11:59 pm CST: If you have questions you may CONTACT US at NCC for further instructions.
Phase III will begin the normal registration process: Registration starting January 1, 2020 will have 90 day testing windows which will begin in March of 2020 or later based on the date of registration. There will be no "second chance free" promotion. Pass/fail results will be provided after standard setting and scoring are complete.
- Registration Catalog - Eligibility, Overview, Fees and Policies
- Guide to Testing Methods - Rules, Procedures and What to Expect
Candidate Guides - Exam Content, Competency Statements, Study Resources and Scoring
Current licensure in the U.S. or Canada as a physician (MD/DO), registered nurse, advanced practice registered nurse, or respiratory therapist.
No practice experience is required, but it is recommended that you have at least one year of experience caring for neurologically at risk or compromised neonates for the best possibility of successfully completing the credentialing process.
Complete details are in the NNIC Examination Registration Catalog.
Cost for Computer testing
- $210 which is composed of a $50 non-refundable application submission cost and a $160 testing fee.
- Incomplete applications are subject to a $30 reprocessing fee.
- After the exam is purchased, there is a 6-hour window to cancel the order. The order can be canceled by going into your account and clicking on the "Cancel Application" under the new certification.
- After 6 hours, an Exam withdrawal Request and fee are required to withdraw.
Details for Computer Testing (Please see special instructions for Phase I and II Testing)
- There are no application deadlines and a candidate may submit an application at any time.
- It can take 1 to 14 days to process, review and approve an application.
- Please be sure you are prepared to take the exam within 90 days of the application before you submit
- Eligibility letters are emailed and can also be found in your account.
- If you do not received your eligibility letter or have an eligibility letter in your account within 2 weeks of your exam application submission confirmation, please "CONTACT US" and choose "My application that I already submitted.
- If determined eligible, you will be placed in the next available 90-day window to schedule and take your exam.
- You will schedule your own exam appointment with AMP/PSI either by phone or via the internet. See your eligibility letter for contact information.
- Exams will be delivered by appointment only Monday through Saturday at 9:00 am and 1:30 pm, via computer at over 100 AMP Assessment Centers geographically located throughout the United States. Sites are subject to change. See the AMP/PSI website, www.goamp.com, for more information.
- Candidates are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis. However, there is a requirement that a minimum of 4 business days occurs between the time of scheduling and the test date.
- Exams must be scheduled within the first 30-days of the eligibility window. It is recommended that you schedule your testing appointment as soon as possible, as testing sites cannot be guaranteed if you wait. If you wait beyond the 30-day requirement all testing appointments may be taken. If this occurs you may have to travel to another site or pay $125.00 to change your eligibility window.
- Prior to attempting the examination, you will be given the opportunity to practice taking a test on your computer.
- A candidate who fails to report for an examination will not receive a refund but may change their mode of testing. Learn more about eligibility and fees to change your testing date, method of testing or exam category.
- After completing the examination, the candidate will not receive a score result until enough candidates take the new exam for statistical analysis on all exam questions.
- Official results will be mailed from NCC within 21 business days of exam administration (date of certification is based on the date on the official results NOT the exam date). Since this is a new exam, statistical results will be held until enough candidates have taken the exam to validate the cut score. This can take 3-4 months based on the number of candidates who take the exam early.
- You are not certified until you receive your results in the mail and your certification appears in your account.
- It is recommended that you read the candidate guide for the exam you are taking so you can become familiar with all NCC policies and procedures. You will be subject to them so it is to your advantage to understand the certification process and rules.
- This exam is a 2-hour test consisting of 125 multiple-choice items. Of the 125 items, 100 are scored and 25 are used to gather statistical data on item performance for future exams.