How do I apply?
Back to certifications
Available certification exams for Computer Testing
Below are available certifications for Computer Examinations. The links below will take you to more information about the exam. PLEASE NOTE YOU NEED A COPY OF YOUR LICENSE
OR STATE BOARD VERIFICATION FROM THE VERIFICATION PORTAL TO REGISTER FOR AN EXAM.
- You are required to upload a copy of your license or license verification from the licensing board that includes the Licensing state, your name, type of license, expiration of license and the website if it is from a verification portal.
IF YOU HAVE A CODE/VOUCHER:
∗∗ If you have a code/voucher from your institution (ICP), are taking the exam with PEC or have a bulk voucher code make sure you register under the "Special testing opportunities" (See link on right side of page).
NEW Subspecialties (See Details on implementation of these interprofessional subspecialty certifications)
Please review detailed information about these two new exams. NCC is now in Phase III for these two new exams. Please see detailed information at NEW CERTIFICATIONS
Subspecialties (Interprofessional Exams)
(ABOG-approved EFM certification to meet the annual Improvement in Medical Practice (Part IV) MOC requirement 2018-2020)
Nurse Practitioner certification
NCCA & ABSNC ACCREDITATION:
NCC Core and subspecialty certification programs are accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) for a five year period through March 2020.
NCC nurse practitioner certification programs are accredited by both the Accreditation Board for Specialty Nursing Certification (ABSNC) for a five year period through October 2021 and the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) for a five year period through March 2020.
Important Information and Links
How will results be disseminated?
Verification of certification
- Verification of certification status to third parties cannot be made until after the official results are received in the mail.
- Verifications are done ONLY through the online verification system. There are fees for sending verifications. This process is initiated by the certified professional. This verification is for primary source verification, meaning the entity requesting the verification requires the verification to come from NCC directly and not the individual certified professional.
- NCC does not send verifications to state boards of nursing or any other entity automatically. The individual holding the NCC certification must initiate the verification process via the online verification system.
- Verification of eligibility to test should be submitted with the registration application or can be submitted separately. There is no fee for this service. This is not a verification of certification.
- Official documentation of the NCC certification is available to the individual certified professional at any time free of charge from their NCC account on the NCC website. This information is password protected. To access, the individual must first sign in with their email and password.
« Back to certification
If you wish to retest:
- You must wait 90 days from the day you received your official exam results, to apply again (this date is provided in your results notification)
- You must submit another application with full documentation
- You must pay the current examination fee
- If an applicant files earlier than 90 days from the last test date, the application will be determined ineligible. The applicant will be subject to the $50 nonrefundable application fee
- The exam can only be taken TWICE in a calendar year
- There is no limit on how many times an individual can retest
The ability to retest is intended to decrease the probability that a candidate will be incorrectly classified as not meeting the knowledge competencies for the certification. The retesting policy is designed to prevent unwarranted score gains in the professional certification exams. The 90-day window between testing is used to minimize the impact of test security and exposure to the exam. Failing candidates should use the results report and the performance indicators to identify areas where additional study may be needed before retesting.
Special testing opportunities