LIVE REMOTE PROCTORING FOR EFM CERTIFICATION
The national study by NCC using a new testing modality "Live Remote Proctoring (LRP)" has ended and we thank everyone who participated. NCC will continue to allow Live Remote Proctored exams based on accreditation standards. LRP allows candidates to test, using their own computer, in their home, office, or remotely in other acceptable locations. To participate, you must be able to use the computer in a private room, without interruption for the length of the examination process. A proctor will be continuously monitoring you and your room. Your test location will be surveyed by the proctor prior to and during testing. All aspects of the exam session are recorded for later review when needed.
All EFM candidates who registered by May 24, 2020 and who test by May 31, 2020 using Live Remote Proctoring will still receive the second chance free promotion. For all others who register after May 24, 2020 or who schedule to test after May 31, 2020 please review the Limited-Time Live Remote Proctoring information at Testing with LIve Remote Proctoring.
For those that choose Live Remote Proctoring (LRP) for the Pilot
- Live Remote Proctoring (LRP) exams must be scheduled before May 29, 2020. Scheduling must be done at least 24 hours prior to the requested date and time of testing.
- Testing for Live Remote Proctoring must be completed by the end of day on May 31, 2020 (11:59 pm). Exams can be scheduled at any time day or night.
- If you want to test after May 31, 2020 you must choose to take the exam at a computer center. If you register to take LRP after the May 31, 2020 deadline the appointment will be canceled. You would then have to reschedule at a computer center. Based on computer center availability you may have to submit a change request if you are unable to obtain an appointment during your eligibility window.
- NCC is offering a "Second Chance Free" promotion for all those who take the EFM examination by Live Remote Proctoring between April 1, 2020 and May 31, 2020. If you are not successful in achieving certification on your first examination attempt using LRP, you can apply to retake the NCC EFM Certification examination for free. There is a mandatory 90-day time frame before you can reapply and retests can only be done at a Computer Center. See more information below.
|Method of Testing
|| Scheduling (Should be done as soon as possible)
||Testing Dates (based on availability)
|Computer Center Exam
||First 30 days of 90-day window
||Any time during 90-day eligibility window based on test center availability
|Live Remote Proctoring
||April 1, 2020 - May 28, 2020
||Only from April 1, 2020- May 31, 2020. Any testing scheduled beyond May 31, 2020 for LRP will be canceled. The testing window for this trial ends May 31, 2020 without exception
Computer criteria for participation
Once you receive your eligibility, if you are planning to test using Live Remote Proctoring you must use a Windows or a Mac computer. Make sure to test the computer and webcam that you plan to use for the exam
to ensure it meets the criteria for a Live Remote Proctored exam. Do this in advance by clicking the compatibility link and then the webcam links below. You must do this within the first 30-days of your 90-day eligibility window and as early as possible in case you need to schedule at a test center.
Compatibility Check Link
If your computer meets the requirements and you can use this computer in an environment that meets the guidelines, you may schedule the LRP exam. Please remember that you must schedule the exam a minimum of 24 hours before the date and time you wish to sign up for.
If you do not
meet the requirements to test using the LRP option, you must sign up for a Computer Center exam within the first 30 days of your eligibility window.
Details about the Live Remote Proctored Exam can be found here:Testing with LRP
Computer Center Testing
Computer Center: Read more about how Computer Center testing works under “Methods of Testing” and in the “Guide to Testing Methods”. Please note that once you receive your eligibility letter you must schedule your exam within the first 30-days of your eligibility window. Testing times cannot be guaranteed if you wait. Candidates are scheduled on a first come first serve basis and a minimum of 4 business days must occur between the time of scheduling and the test date. If you wait to schedule your exam beyond the first 30-days and there are no testing slots you will have to pay a $125.00 change fee to change the testing dates. Contact information for scheduling your appointment will be provided on your email eligibility letter. If you take the exam at a computer center you will not qualify for the Second Chance Free Promotion.
This opportunity to take the exam by Live Remote Proctoring and receive the Second Chance Free offer won’t last long, so register starting February 1, 2020.
Second Chance Free:
- Offer applies to EFM candidates whose certification registrations were submitted and approved between February 1, 2020 and May 24, 2020 who took the exam using Live Remote Proctoring.
- Candidates who are not successful on their first attempt and who use LRP, must wait 90 days from the day they received their official results to register again. Registration for the second attempt is by computer test center only and registration fees will be waived.
- Candidates must complete the application process a second time to demonstrate continued adherence to all eligibility requirements. No fee will be charged for the second EFM application submission.
- Offer to reapply at no cost is only valid for the 12 months following the first unsuccessful examination attempt.
- The promotion is not transferable to other certifications or to other persons.
- The exam can only be taken twice in a calendar year.
- If you are asked for payment you should abandon the registration and contact NCC to verify eligibility. Those eligible for the 2nd chance free should not be asked for payment. Make sure you have logged in when you go to register. Candidates who register again and pay a registration fee will not receive a refund. Please see the information on the amount of refund with withdrawals.
Specific Details about Live Remote Proctoring, Scheduling and Testing can be found at the following Link: Testing With Live Remote Proctoring. If you are planning to take the exam using LRP please make sure you review this information in detail prior to choosing this method of testing. This will provide you with an outline of the process involved in this method.