Review Course Voucher Program
The NCC Review Course Voucher Program (RCP) has ended. The program provided national certification review providers an additional way to promote their programs. No new contracts are being accepted. For review programs currently under contract the following information is provided as needed.
Participants must use the voucher code during the contracted timeframe. See below for a step-by-step overview of the process.
Available Certification Exams are based on the review courses provided
Any NCC certification exam can be purchased through the Review Course Voucher Program. All exams are given at computer test centers and many can be taken using live remote proctoring. There are no paper/pencil exams.
- Inpatient Obstetric Nursing (RNC-OB®)
- Maternal Newborn Nursing (RNC-MNN®)
- Low Risk Neonatal Intensive Care Nursing (RNC-LRN(R))
- Neonatal Intensive Care Nursing (RNC-NIC®)
Nurse Practitioner certification
- Neonatal Nurse Practitioner (NNP-BC®)
- Women's Health Care Nurse Practitioner (WHNP-BC®)
- Electronic Fetal Monitoring (C-EFM®)
- Neonatal Pediatric Transport (C-NPT®)
- Extremely Low Birth Weight (C-ELBW)
- Neonatal Neuro-Intensive Care (C-NNIC)
- Obstetric and Neonatal Quality and Safety (C-ONQS)
How the Program Works
- Contract terms begin on the day the contract is approved by NCC and expire one year from that date at 11:59 pm CST. The voucher will not be valid for any registrant who completed the program within the contract year but did not register using it by the end of the contract term.
- The Review provider will receive one voucher code for the duration of the agreement for all the provider-selected certification exams for which they have a review course. This voucher code is distributed to participants by the review provider and can only be used by someone who completes the review course during the time the agreement is in effect. The course completion date must be within the term of the contract.
- The review provider must communicate the voucher expiration date when providing the voucher code to registrants.
- The voucher code links the candidate to a “second chance free” option if they are unsuccessful on their first attempt.
- Participants must register for an exam by selecting Register with a review course voucher under Special Testing Opportunities under the Certification Exams tab on the NCC website.
- Participants enter their voucher code. If a valid code is entered, users will be prompted to select the area of certification for which they want to apply.
- Candidates must upload a copy of the review course certificate and the date on the certificate of completion must be within the term of the contract. The certificate must match the uploaded certificate document provided by the review program during contract approval. The certificate must indicate the certification exam for which the course is purporting to prepare the individual and the certification exam for which they apply must match the certificate provided.
- Although candidates may take several review courses a year, they can only use one review provider voucher code per year that offers a second chance free promotion.
- The participant will proceed with the application using the voucher and make payment for the registration.
- An email notification will be sent to the review provider coordinator for every participant that registers with a voucher code.
- Review course coordinators must notify NCC immediately if the individual did not complete the review course for the certification exam for which they are applying.
- Once a voucher code is used there are no cancellations or voucher replacements. Participants who pay for certification without using the voucher code and the Register with a Review Course voucher portal will have to meet all policies related to certification registration and withdrawals.
- Any incomplete registration will require a corrected submission and a resubmission fee that is due from the candidate.
- Candidates who are not successful on their first attempt will receive an email with a second chance free voucher which can be used 90 days from the date of the first exam. This voucher code must be used by registering on the Register with a Review Course voucher portal and the candidate must demonstrate they still meet eligibility.
- A registrant will have 6 months from the time of failing the first exam to retake the exam again with the 2ndattempt voucher code. Any person eligible to retake an exam for free but fails to retake within the 6-month term shall no longer be eligible for a free retake using that voucher. The 90-day waiting term must still be met within this 6-month window.
- Vouchers cannot be transferred or used by anyone other than the registrant who completed the review course and received the voucher code directly from the review provider.
- Summary reports will be provided in the Review Provider's account as data becomes available. Reports will provide general pass-fail data based on the type of certification and, separately, for each voucher code in use for the Review Provider within the term of the agreement. Pass/Fail status on an individual basis will not be provided. The NCC account will contain the name of the Review Provider and be attached to one email address for access and contact purposes. This change, if necessary, will occur upon contract completion.
- Registration, exam applications, testing, and maintenance of certification will follow the same requirements, policies, and procedures of all applications and registrations as established by NCC for other candidates.
- The Review Provider may use this promotion to promote its own review courses for the term of the contract, provided that no statements, express or implied, shall be made or maintained by Review Provider that the review course in whole or in part is created, reviewed, approved, endorsed or connected with NCC or that any such course is required by NCC or necessarily guarantees passing any NCC certification exam, and that these provisions are clearly stated in any Review Provider advertising or statements regarding review course.