Subspecialty certification maintenance
Requirements to maintain your Subspecialty certification:
Maintenance application / Add CE
- Current, active licensure in the US or Canada
- You must update and upload a copy of your license or license verification from the licensing board that includes the Licensing state, your name, type of license, expiration of license and the website if it is from a verification portal. Login and click on "Update Profile", on the right click on "Professional INFO" to update your license information.
- Earn 15 hours of Continuing Education in your credentialed specialty area
- CE can be entered into the Maintenance Application anytime during the 3-year maintenance cycle
- NCC provides CE offerings for maintenance of all the subspecialty certification. In addition, for EFM certification NCC accepts completion or maintenance of the Perinatal Quality Foundation (PQF) Fetal Monitoring Credentialing program to maintain your EFM certification if completed during your maintenance cycle. You must upload the PQF certification of completion showing the date this was completed in your maintenance application. Other providers such as CE earned by completing the Relias (GNOSIS) Fetal Assessment & Monitoring course or the AWHONN Fetal monitoring course can be used if earned during the maintenance cycle.
- Maintenance application must be submitted on the NCC website before midnight CST on your due date.
- All maintenance applications are subject to a random audit. If you are audited you must be prepared to upload the CE certificate along with the conference/Lecture description/agenda. Your license update will be verified.
Electronic Fetal Monitoring certificate of added qualification
Neonatal Pediatric Transport certificate of added qualification
Other subspecialty certificate of added qualification
Care of the Extremely Low Birth Weight Neonate
Neonatal Neuro-Intensive Care
Obstetric and Neonatal Quality and Safety