Subspecialty certification maintenance
Requirements to maintain your Subspecialty certification:
Maintenance application / Add CE
- Current, active/unencumbered licensure in the US or Canada
- You must update and upload a copy of your license or license verification from the licensing board that includes the Licensing state, your name, type of license, expiration of license and the website if it is from a verification portal. Sign in and click on "Update Profile", on the right click on "Professional INFO" to update your license information.
- The majority of nursing licenses can be obtained at Nursys.com. The remaining licenses can be obtained from the licensing board in your state. Helpful directions for using Nursys: GUIDE TO NURSYS
- Earn 15 hours of Continuing Education in your credentialed specialty area (For example for EFM you must use educational hours directly related to electronic fetal monitoring).
- CE can be entered into the Maintenance Application anytime during the 3-year maintenance cycle
- NCC provides CE offerings for maintenance of all the subspecialty certification. In addition, for EFM certification NCC accepts completion or maintenance of the Inteleos Fetal Monitoring Credentialing program to maintain your EFM certification if completed during your maintenance cycle. You must upload the Inteleous certificate of completion showing the date this was completed in your maintenance application. Although Inteleos does not offer CE, please put in 15 hours to complete your application. Other providers of accredited CE may be used. See the specific requirements at "Recognized Accrediting Organizations for CE". Examples of other types of accredited CE providers include the Relias (GNOSIS) Fetal Assessment & Monitoring course or the AWHONN Fetal monitoring course if earned during the maintenance cycle.
- EFM certification and maintenance can be used to meet the annual Improvement in Medical Practice (Part IV) MOC requirement 2023-2024. However, please note that ABOG renewal cannot in return be used for EFM maintenance. If you earned CE from ABOG in electronic fetal monitoring you can upload the CE descriptions directly related to EFM and the CE certificate that lists the CE accreditation and the amount of CE earned.
- The maintenance application must be submitted on the NCC website before midnight CST on your due date.
- All maintenance applications are subject to a random audit. If you are audited you must be prepared to upload the CE certificate along with the conference/Lecture description/agenda. Your license update will be verified.
Electronic Fetal Monitoring
Neonatal Pediatric Transport
Care of the Extremely Low Birth Weight Neonate
Neonatal Neuro-Intensive Care
Obstetric and Neonatal Quality and Safety