Attending NANN’s Virtual Conference? Join NCC's Educational Presentation on September 14th!
September 6, 2021
Hosts Cathy Witt, PhD, APRN, NNP-BC and Bresney Fanning, MSN, APRN, NNP-BC, (NCC’s Directors of Professional Development) will discuss resources and opportunities available from NCC and how they apply to professional practice. Learn more about NCC’s various programs, including continuing education, certification, and volunteerism on the national level.NCC open book CE modules that:
• earn CE anytime and anywhere it is convenient for you
• are conveniently coded to core competencies
• automatically post to your NCC maintenance applicationNCC’s nationally recognized certifications - for all levels of neonatal care.
• Neonatal Nurse Practitioner
• Neonatal Intensive Care (RNC-NIC®
) [Level III and IV]
• Low Risk Neonatal Intensive Care (RNC-LRN®
) [Level II].Already NCC certified? Build on your credentials with a subspecialty certification!
• Neonatal/Pediatric Transport (C-NPT®
• Care of the Extremely Low Birth Weight Neonate (C-ELBW)
• Neonatal Neuro-Intensive Care (C-NNIC) [Multidisciplinary]
• Obstetric and Neonatal Quality and Safety (C-ONQS)
If you plan to use NANN conference CE for NCC maintenance:
NANN sessions have been reviewed and coded for maintenance by NCC.
The NCC CE specialty codes are published in each session listing on the conference website. Use these provided CE codes for your NCC maintenance. You can open and update your maintenance application during the meeting, simply enter the lecture, assigned code and CE amount, or save your codes and enter later. Please do not use the pre-approval process for any NANN lectures since they have already been coded for you.Check your education plan!
It will help you decide what sessions are best suited for your professional development. Your education plan shows what specialty content areas need CE hours to maintain your NCC certification. Only CE that is earned in the areas defined by your education plan can be used for NCC maintenance.If you do not have an education plan - take your assessment.
A continuing competency assessment is needed for each NCC maintenance cycle. The assessment generates your educational plan and defines the CE needed for your current maintenance cycle. Only CE earned after the assessment can be used to maintain.
Click here to learn more about NANN's fall conferences – starting September 13, 2021