Is Your NCC Maintenance Due in 2014, 2015 or beyond?
August 2, 2013
Did you take your stage 2 specialty assessment?
For individuals due to maintain their NCC certification in 2014, 2015 or beyond (this includes all newly certified), maintenance requirements are determined for each individual by a stage 2 specialty assessment. The specialty assessment creates a personalized education plan that directs the continuing education activities needed in order to maintain a NCC certification. Only CE earned AFTER the stage 2 specialty assessment has been completed AND in the specific areas defined by the personalized stage 2 education plan can be used towards NCC maintenance.
To Develop your Stage 2 Education Plan:
- Login to your personal NCCwebsite.org account.
- Click "Take Assessment" in the green box.
- Correct assessment is assigned by website.
- Stage 2 education plan is generated by your completed assessment.
Items to Note:
- There is NO fee to take the specialty assessment.
- Only CE earned after you take the stage 2 specialty assessment can be used towards your NCC maintenance.
- Your education plan is disclosed to you and you ONLY.
- CE must earned in the areas specified by your education plan.
- There is no pass/fail or minimum score needed to maintain your certification.
- Results will not affect certification status.
- You will earn 5 CE hours toward your NCC certification for taking the assessment (CE appears in online maintenance application - not your account).
- This CE is not transferable and only has value for NCC maintenance.
- NO CE certificate is issued
- The assessment will be an integral part of maintenance going forward. You will be required to take the assessment at beginning of each maintenance cycle to obtain your personalized education plan.