Your source for all the latest updates from NCC.
- Remember to take the specialty assessment - before earning CE!
May 28, 2015
- The maintenance requirements for NCC Certified Nurses and Nurse Practitioners* are determined by a specialty assessment. The specialty assessment creates a personalized education plan that directs the continuing education activities needed in order t…more
- NCC wins the Janel Parker President’s Award
April 3, 2015
- The National Certification Corporation (NCC) was honored to receive the 2015 Janel Parker President’s Award for the Certified Nurses are Everywhere public awareness campaign. This award was given out by American Board of Nursing Specialties (AB…more
- NCC's Continuing Competency Assessment for Maintenance - a Quick Update
April 3, 2015
- In 2010, The National Certification Corporation transitioned its long-standing maintenance program to incorporate a continuing competency model for health care providers. A 125 item assessment was designed for each core certification aligned with the…more
- Results for the 2014 NNP Workforce Survey
February 9, 2015
- Last spring, NCC certified NNPs were asked to take part in the 2014 Neonatal Nurse Practitioner Workforce Survey. The survey, conducted by the National Association of Neonatal Nurse Practitioners (NANNP) in collaboration with the National Certificati…more
- The CCI Specialty Assessment - and your NCC Maintenance!
October 31, 2014
- NCC's Continuing Competency Specialty Assessment has been taken more than 90,000 times by certified nurses and nurse practitioners! If you are certified in one of the core NCC specialties you must take your assessment to obtain your education plan&he…more
- The NCC CCI Specialty Assessment - nearly 90,000 assessments taken!
September 5, 2014
- Innovative - Personalized - and REQUIRED! with nearly 90,000 assessments taken NCC's Continuing Competency Specialty Assessment has been taken nearly 90,000 times by certified nurses and nurse practitioners. This innovative program individualizes mai…more
- Welcome Robin L. Bissinger, Ph.D., APRN, NNP-BC, FAAN - NCC's New Executive Director
August 1, 2014
- Dr. Bissinger joins NCC from the Medical University of South Carolina, College of Nursing where she held the positions of the Associate Dean of Academics and Professor. Dr. Bissinger also served as NCC President from 2010-2013 and brings to the Execu…more
- The NCC 2014 Content Validation Survey is now complete
May 30, 2014
- We would like to thank the many thousands of certified professionals who took the opportunity to earn CE and share their practice experience, changes and challenges. The information gathered will be used to insure that NCC exams reflect the ongoing c…more
- NCC Names a New Executive Director
May 22, 2014
- PRESS RELEASE NCC NAMES NEW EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR For immediate release:Chicago, IL May 22, 2014 The National Certification Corporation (NCC) has named Robin L. Bissinger, Ph.D., APRN, NNP-BC, FAAN, as the new Executive Director of NCC, the national cer…more
- Annual Review of NCC Activities
February 28, 2014
- 2013 Annual Review The annual review of NCC activities is here. The annual review identifies the milestones of the organization achieved in the past year and future plans. Click on the header to view it.more